This is Jordan (s10032865h) and here my stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFYIXGOgmkc
Hello, this is Jordan and the issue I would like to raise is the relationship between maids and their families back home.
I have an interviewee name Sofy. Sofy has been working in Singapore for over 10 years. However, during the interview with her, I discovered that she does not have good relationship when she left Indonesia to work as a maid.
(Interview)
So basically, Sofy left Indonesia in order to avoid a fixed marriage. This has upset her family and her relationship with them has not been good since she became a maid.
I feel that there should be an organizsation or programme to improve the relationship between maids and their families. Because if something goes wrong during their employment in Singapore, they do not have anyone else to turn to. Family is important no matter who you are. Some of the maids in Singapore don’t even get to see their child grow up.
With a stronger family bond, maids can become more motivated and have people to turn to in times of help. Something should be done to improve the relationship.
This is Jordan signing off. Goodbye.
Friday, January 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment